Friday 22 March 2013

Fussy & fancy Friday Challenge #85


Well here it is at last my first card as part of the Fussy & Fancy DT I was relieved when I found out the subject was Spring Days, after some thought I was in the garden and realised that all the new Spring flowers, Daffs, crocuses and primroses were all shades of yellow and purple so that was my inspiration. I always make an Easter card for my mum in law who is 92 and as her eyesight is poor I like to make 'touchy feely' cards for her, plenty of textures and strong colours ...so this is my card for You and Her....


I began with the centrpiece, forming an oval on white card with Heartfelt Creations Scalloped Posy die, as this is semicircular I cut it twice leaving a gap in the middle where the ribbon band was to go, I backed it with lemon pearlised card. Then I mounted this on a purple mat cut with another die in the same set, this in turn was put onto a white mat which I had embossed with  spellbinders Garden Lattice M-bossibilities folder, a piece of white silky crush ribbon was wrapped around the centre.
The flowers were made using various spellbinders dies apart from the daffodil which is a Marie Curie charity flower I recycled.
I  tried various ways of putting the sentiment on and then found this Easter  ribbon in my stash, the finishing touch was the little 3D butterfly made from Fantasy film. I am adding a couple of closeups of the flowers & butterflies....




Hope you like it and I look forward to seeing your creations for this challenge ...
Bye for now ...Annie xxx


,











5 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, its great to have you on the team, I love your card its really pretty, and very touchy feely, your flowers are lovely. Just wanted to say Hi on your first project too. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie, yep we did it...... your card is gorgeous, looking forward to the next one now x
    Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Annie :o)
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Annie, love the flowers and great idea for the sentiment, just perfect. Your MIL will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aнна...меня поразил ваш блог..ваш оригинальный стиль в работах.вы умница...................

    ReplyDelete