Tuesday 23 April 2013

Craft Barn alpha Challenge #8 Letter is W.........and a little bit of Catchup

And so the 8th letter of the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge is W with the added twist of using circles in the background... My word is Wings ...my dictionary definition is  projecting part enabling a bird, insect or bat to fly...


The large wings and text stamps are by Sheena Douglas, Fantasy birds are from Chocolate Baroque, dragonfly & butterfly stamps are from Iindigoblu. Background was created with distress inks through Stampsaway Circles mask, I then used Indigoblu's Bubbles stamp as I thought the masked background wouldn't show up enough in a photo. My song title this time is 'Wind beneath my Wings'

Definition of WING from my dictionary









P.S ..I also took the opportunity to play catch up ... as I have the first 6 letters to do this is going to be work in progress. Today my extra letter was C .... for Circles, Cogs, Clock & Compass.




 Pages were created by laying down some colour and then spraying through Ali's masks with Gold mister and Red firefly cosmic shimmer mister. I then simply added the dictionary meanings of my words in circles in the gaps left by the mask, together with some random words connected to time and compass.

Clock Page
Cogs, Circles & Compass page



















I am still feeling my way with journalling but I did feel a bit more random doing these pages .. usually my crafting is quite controlled and thought out. I really enjoyed the freedom to do whatever came into my head. I passed a lovely afternoon getting messy .... that's all xxx Annie

12 comments:

  1. Great W page I have just finished my second page using the same wing stamp great minds and all that, love your C pages too

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pages...for both letters! You have some beautiful creatures of flight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work and well done on catching up
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn.
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo you are going great guns at catching up my lovely! These are lovely pages!

    Karen from The Craft Barn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your subtle background and all those flying objects!! Gorgeous wings too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journaling style is lovely. Your backgrounds are beautiful and both spreads have great flow and movement. Love the winged things and that amazing set of wings. The cogs are very cool. I especially like how you have incorporated the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great book fabulously made pages. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wing page - i love all the stamps you used. I still have one page to catch up too but another page starts in a couple of days - no pressure. We will get there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just hopping round all the W entries...
    Love love love your choice of word - fab page
    :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your pages are soooo beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your pages - 'W' and 'C' are really grand. I need to play catch up too. Your wing page is so pretty with so much to see but your cog page is delightful and I love the colors you used!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2 fab DPS I love all the different winged elements on the first.

    ReplyDelete