Tuesday 9 April 2013

Craft Barn Alpha-Dictionary Challenge #7 R is for...

Well here is another first for me, I have been trying my hand at Art Journalling for a couple of weeks and then while I was looking at the Craft Barn Blog I found this Alpha dictionary Challenge, I have 6 letters to catch up on which will take some time. As the letters are given to us randomly this fortnight's letter was R. It was a close run thing between Romance and Rainbow, Romance lost out because my old dictionary which I am using to cut up for flowers etc didn't have the definition for Romance as in Love ?? don't ask !! it is very old

So here is my Rainbow page very basic and naive but I hope to improve as I go along at least I am getting to look at more experienced  art journalists on the Craft Barn Blog


Clouds background was made using clarity stamps Cloud mask and Stormy skies Adirondack ink, flowers are Indigoblu stamps coloured with Pan pastels rest is freehand.

Some people are actually doing their artwork in an old dictionary , I have bought myself a sketchbook from The Range, I chose it as it had a white canvas cover that I could customise, so far it has just been spritzed through one of Ali's  masks with Cosmic Shimmer Mica Shimmer Mists. I'm sure this will be added to.



An interesting fact I have always hesitated about altering books as I have always been a great lover of books... and then I heard someone say that the majority of secondhand hardback books end up in landfill, so i have changed my mind and whenever I find a hardback book in a charity shop I will buy it to recycle it and give it a new lease of life.
Will I really produce 26 pages ( we have been promised some will have a twist ???) we will have  to wait and see! Well off to link up with Craft Barn Challenge now ...Bye Annie xx

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous rainbow pages, look forward to seeing more.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so plesed that you found us Annie, its never too late to join in with this challenge! Fabulous pages, all sunny and bright! I really like that you have written on your pages too :D

    Karen from The Craft Barn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bright colourful page. Good luck catching up with the previous letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think this is basic at all. I love the colours and your pages have so many different references to rainbows but all the elements work together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cloudy sky and lovely bright colours. I don't find this basic either. I find it charming. Love the lyrics to the songs, the reference to a leprechaun, and the glorious rainbows. One thing I have learned about art journaling is that everyone has their own style and each style is wonderful and evolves with time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the rainbow effects and what you have done to the front cover of your sketch book. Can't wait to see that grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your rainbows. Great interpretation MMx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful rainbows. I really like the rainbow colored flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and colorful - now you have me singing "somewhere over the rainbow"
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great rainbow effect, particularly on the flowers. Nice touch
    Thanks for playing with us
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete