Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas is coming

Yes Christmas is coming so fast.. it doesn't seem that long ago we were enjoying a beautiful Summer but today we have had wind rain .... and then hail making a deafening noise on the conservatory roof followed by thunder and lightening which brought Jasper down from upstairs where he had been snoozing
Anyway I decided I better get on with decorating the Christmas cake which I made last month, I ended up covered with icing sugar, but here is a photo of the end result:

 
I just hope it tastes good because I totted up how much it cost for ingredients, electricity and (wo)man hours and I reckon it would have been cheaper to go to Harrods and buy one of their top of the range!! But I secretly enjoyed baking again.
 
well that's it for today, short and sweet ... a week to now we will be enjoying Boxing day tea  followed hopefully by some good tv and then Christmas will be as far away as it ever is 364 days to be exact... I'll leave you with that thought ...Bye for now xx Annie
 

3 comments:

  1. Good evening Annie, your Christmas cake looks good enough to eat.....yum..yum..
    I would like to thank you for all your support on my blog over the last twelve months...hope you have a lovely family Christmas and I look forward to crafting with you in 2014....hugs Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Annie, Your cake is absolutely GORGEOUS! I popped by to congratulate you on your special feature at Freshly Brewed Challenges today! Your surprise box is beautiful!
    Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie I would LOVE to be able to sit at your table and sample this DELECTIBLE cake!!! I'm sure that it was mouth wateringly YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete