Friday 10 January 2014

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #105

Well here it is the first challenge of 2014 ... hope you all had a really lovely Christmas... and that 2014 will be kind to us.

Well this challenge#105 is Monochromatic...which isn't always about black & white it can also mean tone on tone .. my card uses tone on tone of Purple, my granddaughter Lorna's favourite colour, she also loves shoes and shabby chic with a bit of bling so this card was made for her 20th birthday (where have all those years gone.. it seems just like yesterday she was born)

Here is the card:


The background was stamped randomly with various script, honeycomb and butterfly stamps using dusty concord and milled lavender distress inks. The card was then put in an embossing folder  and run through my grand calibur ... I then brushed Dusty Concord and Milled lavender  lightly  over the card to highlight the raised areas and inked the edges before mounting it onto some silver and then some  lavender card

The topper was made by stamping one of Creative Expressions pretty Floral footsteps stamps with Stazon Royal purple  then sprinkling with clear embossing powder and heating to glaze it. This was then diecut with a spellbinders die and the sentiments were added.


Lorna loves shabby chic frames so I created some shabby chic flowers using pages from a very dilapidated dictionary which was going to be thrown away. Having diecut the various layers I again gently inked them with my distress inks and assembled finishing off with some blingy brads and silver leaves.

Lorna had her birthday back in October and she loved her card, I was so pleased because I did enjoy making it, it is not as difficult as you might think working tone on tone ... so why don't you give this challenge a go just pop over to the Fussy & Fancy Challenge blog:   
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/     all the details are there and uploading your photo is so easy, that's where I am heading right now
Bye for now and a very Happy New Year & good luck if you do decide to join in this challenge xxx Annie


3 comments:

  1. Oh Annie this is truly ELEGANT!! Just STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, you have done it again . Another stunning card, and so many layers to it. I love the composition and the flower is just fab...have a good weekend ...hugs...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie! It's always a treat to visit your blog! What a lovely post. Your card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! I love the embossing and those fabulous flowers! You used, just the right amount of purple! I'm sure that your granddaughter will treasure this beautiful card that you made for her!
    I hope that you enjoy a wonderful weekend!
    Big Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete