Friday 16 May 2014

Fussy & Fancy Challenge #114 Inspirational Picture

Today sees the launch of Fussy & Fancy Challenge #114, it is being hosted by the talented Laila who has chosen the theme: Inspirational picture. Our sponsor this time is Freshly Brewed Designs.

Here is my sample for this week's challenge, while I was deciding what to make I received the wonderful news that a friend of mine had just become a Grandmother for the first time. As a Nana to four wonderful almost grown up grandchildren, I know the joy they can bring watching them grow is amazing .... parenthood all over again without the responsibility and the anguish :). So I made her something I thought might be decorative and useful....



I began by creating the background using various distress inks on  a blank doorhanger, remembering to put my moon mask in place first.
The  stamps I used were  free  with a crafting magazine they were designed by Tracey of  Lavina Stamps. The sentiment stamp and the letter stamps are from Clarity Stamps. Lots of silvery embossing powder and glitter were also used .... it didn't photograph very well .... maybe because most of it  landed on our black Labrador Jasper, who insists on lying by my feet when I am crafting. :)


As you can see he is a BIG boy ....but he's very gentle and very handsome.

Anyway back to crafting... I hope you will enter our Challenge it's very easy to upload your entry using the link on  http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk    I love visiting your blogs and reading all about your crafty projects, you can also link through email, details are on our website.

That's all for today, I have just looked at the clock and realised I have just whiled away a whole afternoon up in the Crafty attic ....time flies when you're having fun .....
Bye for now xxx Annie

5 comments:

  1. Morning Annie , what a beautiful tag and a brilliant gift. ..it is perfect inspiration for the Fussy and Fancy challenge. Oh and morning to a very handsome Jasper....have a good weekend...hugs. Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Annie, I just love your door hanger. What a lovely idea! It is so pretty and in my favouite colour. I adore Tracey Dutton's designs, they're magical, brings back all those fairy tales when I was a small child lol!! I too received this stamp free with a magazine, and have yet to use it. Have a lovely day Annie.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely colours here annie and beautiful background. i have those freebies too and have tried to use them this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift for your friend Annie!! I love all the great techniques that you have used!! My Golden Retriever likes to lie under my craft table...waiting for me to drop something that he can chew to bits...LOL!! He's such a BIG puppy still!! Have a FABULOUS weekend Annie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the coloring! I am sure your friend will treasure it. Hugs, Ivonne

    PS, Your dog is soooo cute, he looks just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete