Friday 23 September 2016

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #173 My favourite things

What a lovely challenge this is, chosen by our lovely talented, Gina who has asked us to make something crafty using your favourite crafty things. I am such a fickle person and my favourites change from week to week, but the two constants that I always love are textures and making my own paper flowers ....and my favourite flower has always been the Poppy. So here is my offering for this challenge:


Firstly I cut the sentiment using a new Diesire die and just to be a rebel I decided to lay it sideways on, then I used one of my favourite Sue Wilson embossing folders, Tartan Trellis, I diecut two layers of diecut lattice which I offset to make a dense basket weave effect set behind two oval frames.

Here is a closeup of that texture:


Then all that was left was to cut and make Sue Wilson's 'Exquisite Poppies' and her olive branches, these really do make it very easy to create realistic poppies. So there it is plenty of texture and my favourite flowers and I have just realised all the dies I have used have been Sue Wilson's, my favorite designer.
I enjoyed making this card as it is going to my only niece, Meg ... I know she will appreciate it because she is a very clever crafter herself. October is a very busy month for family birthdays and anniversaries so I better get my thinking cap on.

Please join us in this challenge, it really is a wonderful one because the choice is all yours , you can enter here and we look forward to seeing what your favourite things to craft with are. Bye for now Annie xxxx



5 comments:

  1. Beautifully created card Annie..love, love your poppies and all the dies you have used together, a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card Annie..love, love your poppies and all the dies you have used together, a stunner!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie...how are you? Simply stunning card dear Annie!!! Your colour choice is fabulous...everything POPS!!! So beautiful and elegant my friend!! Wishing you a fabulous weekend Annie!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW absolutely beautiful Annie and I love those poppies! Fabulous color and design! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Annie, hope you have had a lovely weekend...like you I adore poppies so this card is just up my street.
    I love your design and attention to detail. It is certainly one of my favourite card designs....simple beautiful...hugs to you and a special one for Jasper....xxxx

    ReplyDelete